Arlo Security Systems by NetGear
All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to.The cameras will end up showing a false read, stating the batteries need to be replaced (and won't even show a picture at this point) when in fact they are at a 3/4 full charged when removed.
I found this out the hard way, considering just a pair of these 3v lithium ion batteries cost anywhere from $9.84 at Walmart to $12.95 at Home Depot. The cameras take four of them ! I spent the money twice on a 3 camera system from Best Buy at four batteries each so even at $10.00 a pair, I spent $60.00 twice. The milliamps need be 1000ma and not at 650ma.
I even went to the highest in the company who put me in touch with the technical design department who actually admitted this being a problem. I also found out myself when I went to buy a battery tester that showed the batteries were still anywhere from 3/4 full to 90% full when I pulled them out of the camera showing they needed to be replaced. The cameras themselves actually work fine but don't plan on replacing the batteries every 4-6 months with normal use as it's more like every two months if you're lucky. These cameras should have come with a solar charger attached for outdoor use.
The biggest mistake or oversight Netgear-Arlo made was not creating a 3v 1000ma rechargeable LITHIUM ION battery with a Charging Station ! I'm in college for business and marketing and I could have told them to make this for the consumers just using my common sense. I would FIRE EVERYONE IN THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT FOR NOT REQUESTING THE DESIGN TEAM MAKE A PROPRIETARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WITH A CHARGING STATION THAT COULD HAVE EASILY MADE MILLIONS OF MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPANY. At least it would make the pain of replacing the batteries less painful by enabling the consumer to recharge them in the comfort of their own home.
Two thumbs down on this one.
Sorry but the truth is the truth.The battery tester needed to test your batteries is a simple one and in the picture I have enclosed here.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Batteries drain quickly
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Arlo Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "I am having a BIG issue with Vivint and at this point will NOT recommend anyone use them, I had it install on Aug 9th and I said yes to..."
- "I had ADT security system, one day two sales person came to my house and convinced me to switch to vivint and PROMISE me that he will pay off the..."
- "My wife made a typo when paying our bill to ADT instead of sending them $39.73 she sent them $3973.00. Yes way more than it should have been. To make..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home. She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in.. The first..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."